Big data adoption in enterprise businesses increased from 17 percent in 2015 to 59 percent in 2018, reaching a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 36 percent.1
As more companies begin to realize the power of incorporating big data into business decision-making, working professionals will require the tools necessary to effectively adopt a real-world approach to data science.
Whether you have a data analysis background or not, this Data Science for Business: Building a Data-Driven Organization online short course from Rice University will guide you in becoming more data literate from an organizational perspective.
According to Burning Glass Technologies, business and tech are becoming so intertwined that there’s a growing demand for hybrid professionals. These professionals think creatively, are digitally savvy, have a business understanding, and are comfortable with data.2
Explore how emerging technology is likely to influence data analysis and modeling, and discover how to develop your plan for deploying data-driven insights within your business.
What To Expect:
Earn a certificate from Rice University in this online Data Science for Business course and be empowered to:
- Implement and trial data-driven solutions in your organization
- Supplement your technical knowledge with a broader business perspective
- Use design thinking to understand and resolve business problems
- Select different techniques for analyzing data to discover new insights
- Discover the required steps to update business processes and supporting documentation
- Formulate an approach for deploying a data-driven prototype and on-boarding pilot stakeholders
- Develop and improve data literacy in order to bridge the business and data strategy divide
Learn how data can improve decision-making across all aspects of your organization, as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online short course:
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1: The importance of a data-driven foundation
- Module 2: Identifying the business opportunity
- Module 3: Building the organizational data pipeline
- Module 4: Learning from data: Discovering new insights with analytics
- Module 5: Turning insight into action: The pilot phase
- Module 6: Engaging stakeholders: Operationalizing and optimizing solutions across an organization
For more information, please visit http://glasscock.rice.edu/about-gscs/contact-us.