Discover how to apply strategic thinking to step beyond traditional project management and fulfill overarching business goals in this short course from a highly respected and top-ranked university*.
The need for strategic project management experience in business is shown in the widening talent gap between the requirements of employers and availability to fill roles. Traditionally, project management focuses on the application of tactics, but modern business requires a defined strategy to make these tactics effective.
Strategic project management has stepped in to this gap, transforming the value of project managers.
This online short course moves beyond the basics of traditional project management: learners will acquire knowledge of how to apply strategic thinking by aligning project, program, or portfolio goals with an organization’s strategic goals.
What To Expect:
Earn a certificate of professional achievement from Rice University: Susanne M. Glasscock School of Continuing Studies in this online course and be empowered to:
- Apply a strategic project management resource toolkit to a case, to identify and resolve problems in an organization
- Add value to project management by aligning projects with your organization’s strategic goals
- Use strategic understanding to lead tactical execution
- Develop professional skills and create a personal plan for improving strategic leadership
Go beyond the basics of project management and equip yourself with practical tools as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 The 21st century project manager
- Module 2 Strategic thinking for project managers
- Module 3 Value management (part 1): mining your project for value
- Module 4 Value management (part 2): maximizing value for organizational impact
- Module 5 Strategic project leadership
- Module 6 Organizational structures and challenges
- Module 7 Project change and risk in an organizational context
- Module 8 The way forward
For more information, please visit http://glasscock.rice.edu/about-gscs/contact-us.