Remote Teaching for Summer School 2020
All Rice University 2020 Summer Session courses will be delivered remotely. These online courses will follow the university process for all online for-credit courses, as outlined in Policy 846. Rice Online Learning is here to support faculty and instructors through this process.
If you are planning on teaching a course this summer have you filled out the course proposal form? This is the first step in getting your summer 2020 course approved.
If you have questions or need to contact Rice Online, call 713-348-8700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Session Course Workflow
All instructors of summer session courses must complete the steps in the Summer 2020 workflow to launch and complete a course according to Policy 846. All steps have been streamlined as much as possible to expedite the process, and the required kickoff meeting will discuss these steps in greater detail. Rice Online team members will be available at each step for help.
Resources for Teaching Online
- Reimagining Your Course for Remote Delivery
- Remote Teaching Resource Canvas Site
- Inclusion, Equity and Access while Teaching Remotely
- Helpful Hardware for Online Instruction
- Options for Capturing Handwriting
- Request a Classroom for Recording Lecture Videos
- Zoom Help
- Kaltura Help
- Registrar Summer Sessions Page for Schools and Departments
- Academic Calendar for Summer Semester 2020
- Online Course Development Live Sessions
- Video Production for Teaching Online
- Making Your Online Course Accessible
- Previously Recorded Remote Teaching Training
For additional help with Zoom, Kaltura, or Canvas, please email email@example.com for 1:1 sessions with OIT’S Learning Environments team.