This introductory course focuses on the classical and quantum physics behind both modern nanomaterials and information processing and memory devices.
Taught by Dr. Junichiro Kono, this course will focus on:
- Electrical conduction
- Dielectric and optical properties
- Wave mechanics
- Band structure of solids
- LEDs, transistors, photodiodes, and solar cells
By the end of this in-depth summer course, you will have a deeper understanding of:
- Electrical conduction and optical processes in solids
- Material structure and its importance in electronic and optical properties
- The role of quantum mechanics in molecules, metals and semiconductors
LIVE sessions with the instructor and/or TAs will be conducted for this course between 8-9 a.m. CDT on Mondays-Fridays.
Tuition for Rice and visiting students:
$1000 $800 per credit hour
$951 Audit Course – Visiting Students
Click for additional payment and billing information.
Any questions? Please e-mail RiceOnline@rice.edu