As the increase in data changes the way in which organizations operate, professionals with a hybrid blend of analytical skills and domain-specific expertise are required in order to drive data-driven business decisions.
In the Rice University Data Analysis and Visualization online short course, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge to effectively analyze, visualize and communicate data insights within your organization.
This online short course will provide you with valuable insight into how to navigate technical tools such as Tableau, SQL and VBA. You’ll learn to harness the fundamentals of data analysis such as advanced Excel functions, databases, and practical statistics.
By gaining insights from the data and visualizing the findings, you’ll learn to communicate effectively with stakeholders through data storytelling.
A basic proficiency in Excel is recommended, however, no prerequisite technical knowledge is required.
What To Expect:
Earn a certificate of professional achievement from Rice University in this online course and be empowered to:
- Apply the fundamentals of data analysis and effectively visualize data
- Communicate the results of your data analyses to business stakeholders through storytelling
- Harness sophisticated and in-demand tools such as Tableau, SQL and VBA
- Identify methods to automate data analysis tasks and explore when to implement automated processes
Learn about the fundamentals of data analysis and discover the tools needed to effectively communicate data findings within your organization as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1: Data Analysis and Visualization Tools
- Module 2: Answering Practical Business Questions
- Module 3: SQL and Relational Databases
- Module 4: Practical Statistics
- Module 5: Predictive Analytics
- Module 6: Data Communication, Ethics and Regulations
- Module 7: Tableau and Data Storytelling
- Module 8: Automating Data Analysis Tasks Using VBA
For more information, please visit http://glasscock.rice.edu/about-gscs/contact-us.
Any questions? Please e-mail RiceOnline@rice.edu