Who can take Rice University Summer courses?
- Rice undergraduates, including incoming freshmen
- Visiting students who apply, including current undergraduate students at other institutions and rising junior and senior high school students.
What is the tuition rate for Rice University Summer courses?
- Currently enrolled Rice undergraduates: $500 per credit
- Visiting Students: $750 per credit
If you are a Rice undergraduate student, visit the Registrar’s Summer Sessions page for dates, course schedule, and more information. If you are an interested visiting student, visit the Visiting Owls website for more information about courses, session schedules, and applications.
Here are a few examples of fully online courses offered this summer
- ECON 100: Principles of Economics | Summer Block C1 or C2
- LING 200: Introduction to the Scientific Study of Language | Summer Block C1 or C2
- KINE 120: Scientific Foundation of Kinesiology | Summer Block E1
- MATH 211: Ordinary Differential Equations and Linear Algebra | C2
To browse all for-credit summer courses, visit the summer online course catalog.