3-Course Principles of Economics Specialization
Through fun video lectures, short quizzes, discussions, and problem sets, we’ll be seeing how economics identifies how opportunity costs affect economic decisions. We’ll see how to calculate GDP, and of course, how assorted variables impact the Supply and Demand Curve, just to name a few. There’s also an optional, but very helpful course book that coincides with these courses.
Who should attend:
- People seeking a greater understanding of the field of economics
- Students looking to prepare for a college-level economics course
- Curious individuals wanting to see how economic business and trade decisions are made
You will be able to:
- Apply economic principles and theory such as opportunity cost to your daily life
- Determine how assorted variables impact the supply and demand curve
- Calculate real Gross Domestic Product
- Identify how opportunity costs affect economic decisions
MEET YOUR RICE PROFESSOR
Dr. James DeNicco, Ph.D.
Jimmy is the Director of the Principles of Economics Program and a Senior Lecturer at Rice University. He earned his Ph.D. in Economics from Drexel University in 2013, where his primary concentration was in Macroeconomics and his secondary in Industrial Organization. He has a real passion for teaching Economics, going back to his first time in the classroom in 2010 during graduate school. He was awarded as the “Outstanding Ph.D. Instructor” for the Lebow College of Business at Drexel University. He currently teaches Principles of Economics to about 700 Rice students annually. He also teaches in the Master of Arts in Global Affairs and the Master of Social Policy Evaluation programs.
When not on campus, you can usually find Jimmy spending time with his wonderful family, watching sports or cheesy 80s horror films, and barbecuing.
Explore our related Principles of Economics Courses
Any questions? Please e-mail email@example.com