The real estate market in the US has stabilized to pre-recession transactions, prompting growth in the real estate investment and development sector.*
This Real Estate Investment and Development online short course introduces professionals to commercial real estate and development. It aims to equip these professionals with the skills necessary to analyze and identify commercially viable real estate for development, while providing students with an introduction to the concepts and techniques used to analyze commercial real estate assets, and the instruments commonly used to finance these assets.
By examining the real estate ecosystem from a holistic perspective, the course unpacks the fundamentals necessary to facilitate informed commercial real estate investment and development decisions.
* PwC, (2018).
What To Expect:
Earn an executive education certificate from Rice Business in this online course and be empowered to:
- Identify and analyze the commercial viability of real estate investments and developments
- Understand the commercial real estate ecosystem as a whole
- Harness financial tools and techniques required to assess the feasibility of an investment
Unpack the fundamental concepts that will help you make more informed commercial real estate investment and development decisions as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online course:
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 The logic behind real estate investment decisions
- Module 2 The factors affecting real estate value
- Module 3 The real estate system and the developer
- Module 4 Property level evaluation
- Module 5 Leverage and the impact on risk and return
- Module 6 Economic feasibility of a development project
- Module 7 Equity partners
- Module 8 Making investment decisions
For more information, please visit https://www.getsmarter.com/products/rice-real-estate-investment-and-development-online-short-course.
Any questions? Please e-mail RiceOnline@rice.edu