We recognize the Houston and Texas communities are suffering right now. Lives have been disrupted. Families now aren’t able to do what they had planned to do, and college-age students will have had other opportunities canceled. So we’re trying to help the broader community continue to learn at a challenging time.
-President David Leebron (Read the full news release)
Who can take Rice University Summer courses?
- Rice undergraduates, including the Class of 2021
- Visiting students who apply, including current undergraduate students and rising junior and senior high school students.
What is the tuition rate for Rice University Summer courses?
- Currently enrolled Rice undergraduates: $500 per credit (usually $1000 per credit)
- Visiting Students: $750 per credit (usually $1000 per credit).
If you are a Rice undergraduate student, visit the Registrar’s Summer Sessions page for dates, course schedule, and more information. If you are an interested visiting student, visit Summer.Rice.edu for more information about courses, session schedules, and applications.
Here are a few examples of courses offered this summer
- ECON 100: Principles of Economics | Summer Block C1 or C2
- LING 200: Introduction to the Scientific Study of Language | Summer Block C1 or C2
- KINE 120: Scientific Foundation of Kinesiology | Summer Block C2
- MATH 211: Ordinary Differential Equations and Linear Algebra | C2
To look at all courses, visit the the summer online course catalog.