3 Online Medical Terminology Courses
If you’re itching to dive into the fascinating world of medical terminology or preparing for future adventures in the medical field, this 3-course specialization is for you! Join us for an incredible journey packed with medical language mastery, electronic health record excitement, and a crash course in anatomy. In addition to watching fun class videos and testing your skills through interactive activities and real-life examples, you will also have the opportunity to present your skills in communicating within a medical setting.
Who should attend:
- High school students who want to experience a university-level course
- Pre-medical or pre-nursing students preparing for medicine related courses
- Healthcare professionals wanting to refresh and improve their knowledge
- Anyone interested in improving their ability to understand medical documents and advocate for their own or loved ones’ health
What you will be able to do:
- Decipher those tricky word parts and abbreviations that medical professionals love to sprinkle in their conversations;
- Navigate the mystical realms of electronic health records and extract vital information like a true detective;
- Understand the basics of all ten magnificent human organ systems and their common diagnoses.
MEET YOUR RICE PROFESSOR
Laura S. Kabiri
Dr. Laura Kabiri is a professor at Rice University. She earned her Bachelor of Arts from the University of Houston before attending Texas Woman’s University to earn her Master of Science, Doctor of Physical Therapy, and Doctor of Philosophy degrees.
Explore our related Medical Terminology Courses
Any questions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org