Pre-MBA Quant Skills Finance Course
Rice University’s Pre-MBA Finance course covers essential topics such as financial valuation discounting, measuring cash creation and flow, and understanding the cost of money. Taught by top-ranked MBA professors, the short online course focuses on practical applications and ends with a capstone project that integrates relevant concepts for both Main Street and Wall Street. This is one course in a 3-part Pre-MBA series that prepares students for an MBA and provides anyone with foundational finance skills.
Who should attend:
- Individuals who are considering pursuing an MBA program and want to improve their quantitative skills before they enroll.
- Small business owners who want to better manage their finances and understand their financial statements.
- Individuals who want to improve their personal financial management skills, such as budgeting and investing.
- Non-finance professionals who want to enhance their understanding of financial concepts and terminology to communicate more effectively with finance teams or make better business decisions.
- Students in other disciplines, such as engineering or science, who may need to understand financial and accounting principles in their future careers.
- Anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of the financial world and how it impacts our daily lives.
Course Curriculum: What you’ll learn
- Basic Principles of Financial Valuation Discounting
- How to Spend Money
- Measuring Cash Creation and Flow
- How Much Does Money Cost?
- Capstone: Putting it all together From Main Street to Wall Street
MEET YOUR RICE PROFESSORS
James P. Weston is the tenured Harmon Wittington Professor of Finance at Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Business. He teaches courses in corporate finance and financial institutions across all programs at Rice Business. He has received multiple teaching awards, including the alumni faculty award. Weston’s research focuses on corporate finance and has been published in top academic finance journals. He is a member of several professional associations, including the American Finance Association and the Financial Management Association. Weston also has experience in executive education seminars, consulting and providing expert witness testimony.
EXPLORE RELATED PRE-MBA COURSES
Any questions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org