About the Mindfulness Foundations Course on Coursera:
This course provides a broad overview of the fundamental concepts, principles, and practices of mindfulness. With interactive exercises to help students explore their own attitudes, mental habits, and behaviors, Foundations of Mindfulness offers a pathway for living with more freedom, authenticity, and ease. Featured components of the course include experiential exercises, guided meditations, personal reflection, and interactive discussions.
Who should attend:
- Individuals with an interest in meditation practice aimed towards greater mental health
- People seeking to reduce stress in their lives while learning to pay attention to the things that matter most
- Anyone with an open mind who is interested in starting a path towards mindfulness and overall well-being
Things You’ll Learn:
- Key mindfulness concepts and practices that support the ability to use attention in an enhanced way
- Concepts and practices that deepen the understanding of the mind/body connection
- Guidance for enhancing resilience, with specific regard to opening to and accepting a wide range of emotion
MEET YOUR RICE PROFESSOR
Dr. Elizabeth Slator
Dr. Elizabeth Slator, has been teaching and consulting in the areas of health, human performance and behavior change for more than two decades. An avid surfer, hiker and all-around sports nut, Elizabeth’s deepest passion lies in the intersections of mindfulness, well-being and nature, and she has created several classes, programs and retreats combining those interests.
Explore our related mindfulness courses
Any questions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org