The business case for diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the workplace is stronger than ever—and continues to strengthen as the relationship between diversity and retaining high quality talent becomes clearer. Making DEI a strategic imperative has the capacity to promote innovation, creativity and empathy in ways that homogeneous work cultures seldom do. And yet, due to slow adoption in workplaces, progress remains tepid; inclusion policies cannot change anything unless the work culture changes too.
The Leading Workplace Diversity online short course from Rice University’s Jones Graduate School of Business equips you with a diversity action plan to not only promote meaningful change in your organization but also impact growth and business performance. Founded in effective and expert-led talent management strategies, you’ll explore diversity as a financial, moral and realistic imperative; the difference between elements of workplace and hiring bias and how these manifest as barriers to diversity; and how effective employee selection processes can cultivate diversity and reduce employee attrition. Based on Dr. Mikki Hebl and Dr. Eden King’s extensive teaching and research in the science of organizational diversity, you’ll explore practical talent management and organizational strategies to attract, select and retain talent in order to cultivate diversity within your organization.
1 World Economic Forum (Apr, 2019).
What To Expect:
On completion of this course, you’ll walk away with:
- Expert-led insights into how to lead diversity in your workplace through the creation and implementation
of a diversity action plan.
- Knowledge of discrimination reduction tactics to overcome workplace bias.
- A diversity-needs analysis to promote meaningful organizational change.
- Organizational leadership strategies to attract, select and retain diverse talent.
- Unlimited access to 2U’s Career Engagement Network, offering you exclusive resources and events to support your professional journey and drive your career forward.
Learn to create a diversity-needs analysis and action plan as you work through the weekly modules of this online short course.
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 Why diversity matters
- Module 2 Elements of bias
- Module 3 Reducing bias
- Module 4 Attracting a diverse workforce
- Module 5 Enhancing diversity through employee selection
- Module 6 Maintaining diversity by reducing employee attrition
For more information, please visit https://www.getsmarter.com/products/rice-leading-workplace-diversity-online-short-course.
Any questions? Please e-mail RiceOnline@rice.edu